Clausmark is now also recognized in the 2019 Gartner Market Guide for Technologies Supporting a DTO1. With Bee4IT, Clausmark is the only manufacturer in the category “IT Operating System”.
What Gartner recommends
Gartner recommends “to drive business transformation and optimization through technology innovation, EA and technology innovation leaders should “Embrace the disruptive potential a digital twin of an organization (DTO) presents for the enterprise by creating visibility, delivering situational awareness and supporting improved enterprise decisions. A DTO forms a proven design pattern for an enterprise operating model to support the realization of an operationalization strategy.” Gartner also says, “The Three Domains of DigitalOps” show that organizations combine modelling and monitoring in their DTO to enable ideal execution. This makes what Miele CIO Uwe Herold says all the more exciting…
What is a Gartner Market Guide?
This is how Gartner, the world’s leading research and advisory company, describes its Market Guides reports (external link)2: “You can use a Gartner Market Guide to understand how the status of an emerging market aligns to your future plans. In addition, since Gartner has published over 100 Market Guide research notes, IT and strategic leaders and investors can gain a broad view of many markets, including mature and smaller markets, in an easy-to-read format.” Gartner adds, “A Market Guide can help with such questions as, “How suitable is it to make a buying decision today for this market?” or “What key capabilities are providers generally able to bring to this market this year?”
Why Market Guide for Technologies Supporting a DTO?
Gartner says: “Coordinating interdependencies within and across digital business transformation initiatives is challenging yet key to success. A digital twin of an organization helps enterprise architecture and technology innovation leaders prioritize, guide, plan, monitor, analyze and scale complex initiatives.”
Clausmark in the Market Guide
With the listing in the Gartner Market Guide for Technologies Supporting a DTO, Clausmark is listed in the seventh Gartner publication this year. We believe that this confirms our path and our customers using Bee4IT for their IT management. Because in order to be able to steer sustainably, a holistically integrated view of the entire IT is necessary – a Digital Twin of the Organization. Bee4IT provides this view. It includes not only the enterprise architecture, but also its change (strategies, portfolios, projects, etc.), its operation (services, systems, technologies, etc.) and its governance (financial management, GRC, KPIs, etc.).
What Gartner says about Clausmark
This is what Gartner says about Clausmark in the Market Guide: “Clausmark is a software and services company that delivers an example of how a DTO can be created for an I&T organization. By combining its proprietary methodology with its Bee4IT platform, Clausmark creates an integrated management tool for the operational steering of an I&T organization.
- Bee4IT provides a data-driven organizational model with built-in business content for I&T organizations to manage organization, legal structures, processes, value chains, demand, strategies, projects and services, and KPIs. All of these elements are connected and justify how an I&T organization daily contributes to business value.
- Bee4IT’s management areas Program and Portfolio Management (PPM), Enterprise Architecture Management (EAM), and Financial Management (FM) are linked via topic-specific combs. The combs can be combined freely and create a demand-oriented, uniform knowledge base for the entire organization.
- Clausmark has a major focus on the digital business, and operational excellence use cases, followed by the enterprise performance and cost optimization use case. Coming from an I&T background, Clausmark has a strong focus on the business performance component and the project and program data.”
The DTO Bee4IT in practice?
Uwe Herold, CIO at Miele & Cie. KG, presented in his Key Note Leadership matters, how Bee4IT became the Digital Twin of the Organization (DTO) at Miele and how this enabled the digital transformation.
1. Gartner, Market Guide for Technologies Supporting a DTO, Marc Kerremans, 18. December 2019
2. Gartner Methodologies, Gartner Market Guide, https://www.gartner.com/en/research/methodologies/market-guide
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. This graphic was published by Gartner, Inc. as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The Gartner document is available upon request from Clausmark.